Thursday, November 10, 2011

My excuse for not blogging....


The past few months have been a whirlwind in the Bourlon home. We sold our house on Mt. Bonnell, moved to the 28th floor of a high rise apartment in downtown, and misplaced our camera cord. Thus, no new blog posts and no updated pictures of baby girl, who now coincidentally, is a big girl.

These all seem like great excuses for not blogging, but the biggest reason is that I have been sick and exhausted for the last few months...three to be exact. For those who have endured the first trimester of pregnancy, you know what I'm talkingabout. No home cooked meals, no housework, and limited mobility after Daddy gets home from work.

So our good news is that I'm 16 weeks pregnant with little babies! That's right, babies, as in plural. Two babies to be exact. We are going to have little twins join the family in April and unbelievably our family will grow from 3 to 5! I'm going to have to update the name of this blog. Our doctor told us yesterday she is 85% sure that they are a BOY and a GIRL! We'll find out for sure at our 20 week ultrasound, but my fingers are crossed for this amazing combination.

People always ask if twins run in our family and my negative reply usually leads them to ask if they were conceived naturally. The first time someone asked me this, I had no idea what they were talking about. I get it now and understand that a lot of twins today are a result of fertility treatments. Thankfully, this was an absolute act of God that required no medical intervention. The first thing I said when we saw the ultrasound was that God really has an interesting sense of humor. I bet He chuckled as we moved into our two bedroom apartment knowing he had just created the two little souls that had recently taken up residence in my womb.

Here are a few snapshots of our life in the last few months. Jojo is getting so big and she is such a delight to be around...most of the time. ;)

Summer watermelon eating.
4th of July trip to the Galbreath's family lake house. Brooke G, I promise to send you pics of this and several other events I neglected to upload all summer (Jo's playroom).
My little thrill seekers.
Aunt Ivette, Uncle Kyle, Jake, and Timothy came to visit. Don't Jojo and Jake look alike?
Fun in the tree with Noni and Grandpa
Monday mornings at the Children's Museum.
Colorado trip with Luke's family (Me, Brooke, and Mary Beth about to go fly fishing)

I'll post more recent pictures later. My computer is taking forever to upload for some reason.

3 comments:

  1. Court, that is such awesome news! I am not gonna lie, though, I am so glad that God decided to give you twins and not me. :) Jo is so big and so pretty! Glad to hear all is well w/ you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boy and a girl...so fun! And you guys decided to find out. Can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the news of twins!! That is so exciting : )

    ReplyDelete