Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What's that smell?!

It's a SKUNK!!!! I've finally had time to sit down and upload the Halloween party pics (actually I pirated them from Jen Charbonneau's fb page, so thanks, Jen!). Here is my interpretation of a skunk costume that Jolene so graciously modeled during the party, even though the pants were a bit of a fiasco.

Did you know that Cleopatra had a pet skunk?
Jolene's newest trick is to point at everything. Luke likes to stick his index finger up to hers and say, "phone home." All you children of the 80's and fans of sci-fi films will totally relate.
The tail. Notice the good five inches of diaper sticking out because Jolene's mommy underestimated the size of her booty. Should've known she's her mommy's daughter!

Cleopatra and Pharoah (not historically accurate, I know, but I couldn't resist these costumes at Lucy in Disguise). We all know that Cleo was a single, FEMALE who ruled Egypt (who also happened to shack up with some notable Roman rulers).
She is a funny stinker.
We are all in character. I love Melissa's oh so surprised look and Amber's dark witch persona. Brooke G. was a squaw with a cowboy husband (who looked exactly like Ross Horton, mustache and all). Jen glammed it up as Audrey Hepburn and Julie was a great looking pregnant car accident victim. Oh how I love Halloween!
We naturally fed them in character. Jolene looked at me a little funny the whole night. We will miss sharing an ottoman with the Benders during feeding time when they move out.
Luke, Kyle W., and Doug blow out their birthday candles as their wives try and avoid getting waxed. Kyle and Blaire W. were a couple from the show Mad Men (haven't seen it, but they looked very chic). Brooke B. was Sarah Palin and Doug was Napolen Dynamite.
This is the skunk in the road they tried to avoid hitting before careening off the highway. Your sacrifice was worthy, Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Joley is loving Mrs. Amber and her amazing costume. Darn that diaper sticking out! Oh well...it was my first time to sew a costume. By the way, I will NEVER make a costume out of furry material again because fuzz was everywhere for about a week as I cut and sewed (including inside my nose and mouth, gross).

4 comments:

  1. So cute Courtney!! We had so much fun! Have I mentioned that I LOOOOOVEEEE your daughter....just wanna eat her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title "what's that smell?" I was expecting a story about the mystery smell in the house. So Jo was a pleasant surprise! The hat is my favorite part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome costume! So perfect for a "little stinker."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery smell is definitely still there...ugh!

    ReplyDelete